Used for the introduction of the air in the pleural cavity (therapeutic pneumothorax) with the aim to immobilize or to reduce the movement of tubercular lung and to allow the recovery of cavity through the shock of it and subsequent healing. It was invented by Forlanini in the 1882, Forlanini apparatus was created in the 1890 It is made up by two glass containers of 600 m linked in the lower part and half filled with an antiseptic solution. The left container is graduated and contains under pressurized, while the right one is filled half wai with antiseptic solution. The left container is linked with a three-way cock that allows the communication with a central water manometer (Saugman monometer for the monitoring of intrapleural pressures) and a rubber tube with a needle for transthoracic introduction. The other container is linked with a rubber ball (ball of Robertson) used to push air in the pleural cavity.